Thirteen metalcasting facilities qualified as recipients of the 2013 AFS Metalcasting Safe Year Award. This award recognizes AFS Corporate Member facilities that achieved one year (365 consecutive calendar days) without a lost time accident. To qualify for the award, the one-year milestone must have been reached on any day in 2013. The count begins on the day following the last lost time accident or the date the previous one year milestone was reached.
The awards will be presented at AFS’s 26th Environmental, Health & Safety Conference on August 12 in Atlanta.
• Bremen Castings, Inc., Bremen, Ind. (05-30-12 to 05-29-13)
• John Deere Foundry, Waterloo, Iowa (10-15-12 to 10-14-13)
• Grede II LLC-Bessemer, Bessemer, Ala. (08-06-12 to 08-05-13)
• Grede LLC- Reedsburg, Reedsburg, Wis. (10-29-12 to 10-28-13)
• Grede II LLC-Selma, Selma, Ala. (10-05-12 to 10-04-13)
• Griffin Pipe Products Co., Lynchburg, Va. (08-23-12 to 08-22-13)
• ME Global, Inc. Tempe, Ariz. (11-07-12 to 11-06-13)
• MetalTek International-Wisconsin Centrifugal Division, Waukesha, Wis. (08-12-12 to 08-11-13)
• MetalTek International-Wisconsin Investcast Division, Watertown, Wis. (04-25-12 to 04-24-13)
• NEMAK USA, Dickson, Tenn. (12-20-12 to 12-19-13)
• Neenah Foundry, Neenah, Wis. (06-10-12 to 06-09-13)
• Neenah Foundry-Deeter Operations, Lincoln, Neb. (07-24-12 to 07-23-13
• The Schaefer Group, Inc., Dayton, Ohio (01-01-13 to 12-31-13)
If you like this article, learn more about Hill and Griffith's attendance at the Die Casting Congress Trade Show.
The Hill and Griffith Company is known for our hands on approach. Let us visit your plant and recommend products that suit your needs.