The Hill and Griffith Company's News Blog
From left to right:
Wallace Oglesby-HG Maintenance, Ben Riley-HG Maintenance Manager, Doug Schwall-HG Technical Sales Rep, Donna Nijak-HG Plant Manager, John Hastings-HG Production Leader, Bob Waterloo(Captain Concrete)-HG Technical Sales Director, Jeff Garrison-HG Production, Shawn Taylor-HG Maintenance & Aaron(Chuck) Norris-HG Maintenance
Offered by the American Foundry Society - July 30 – 31, 2014, Schaumburg, IL
In order to determine the true root cause of a casting defect and select the proper corrective action, a systematic evaluation method must be applied. Implementing the wrong solution can cost the foundry in terms of runtime, cost, waste, safety, reduced return on investment or profit, sales and expertise. The intention of this course is for participants to become proficient in applying a ten step procedure that will enable them to analyze and reduce metalcasting defects by correctly identifying defects and their root causes, and determining appropriate corrective actions. This course is applicable to sand molding processes (green, nobake, coldbox, shell).
The Hill and Griffith Company is known for our hands on approach with green sand casting release agents and supplies. Let us visit your plant and recommend products that suit your needs.
Thirteen metalcasting facilities qualified as recipients of the 2013 AFS Metalcasting Safe Year Award. This award recognizes AFS Corporate Member facilities that achieved one year (365 consecutive calendar days) without a lost time accident. To qualify for the award, the one-year milestone must have been reached on any day in 2013. The count begins on the day following the last lost time accident or the date the previous one year milestone was reached.
The awards will be presented at AFS’s 26th Environmental, Health & Safety Conference on August 12 in Atlanta.
• Bremen Castings, Inc., Bremen, Ind. (05-30-12 to 05-29-13)
• John Deere Foundry, Waterloo, Iowa (10-15-12 to 10-14-13)
• Grede II LLC-Bessemer, Bessemer, Ala. (08-06-12 to 08-05-13)
• Grede LLC- Reedsburg, Reedsburg, Wis. (10-29-12 to 10-28-13)
• Grede II LLC-Selma, Selma, Ala. (10-05-12 to 10-04-13)
• Griffin Pipe Products Co., Lynchburg, Va. (08-23-12 to 08-22-13)
• ME Global, Inc. Tempe, Ariz. (11-07-12 to 11-06-13)
• MetalTek International-Wisconsin Centrifugal Division, Waukesha, Wis. (08-12-12 to 08-11-13)
• MetalTek International-Wisconsin Investcast Division, Watertown, Wis. (04-25-12 to 04-24-13)
• NEMAK USA, Dickson, Tenn. (12-20-12 to 12-19-13)
• Neenah Foundry, Neenah, Wis. (06-10-12 to 06-09-13)
• Neenah Foundry-Deeter Operations, Lincoln, Neb. (07-24-12 to 07-23-13
• The Schaefer Group, Inc., Dayton, Ohio (01-01-13 to 12-31-13)
If you like this article, learn more about Hill and Griffith's attendance at the Die Casting Congress Trade Show.
The Hill and Griffith Company is known for our hands on approach. Let us visit your plant and recommend products that suit your needs.