The Die Casting Congress and Tabletop is interested in your paper! Submit a proposal today to the NADCA Paper System!
NADCA would like to urge all metalcasters, researches and suppliers to submit papers on new technologies, procedures, equipment, and other innovations that contribute to productivity and quality enhancement in the metalcasting industry. Especially desired are papers relating practical experience and case studies from casting personnel, and papers on metalcasting management and marketing strategies.
Here's an example of a technical article by Hill and Grifftih's Tim Cowell, Technical Director, published in DIE CASTING ENGINEER, official publication of the North American Die Casting Association
In the Die Casting Industry, many of the castings manufactured undergo secondary operations incorporating the use of paints, adhesives and other polymers such as RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanization). The application of these types of materials requires the polymer to bond to the metal substrate (surface) of the casting. When this bond fails, it is considered to be an adhesion problem. For the die caster, this can be a very costly problem; therefore, it is imperative that it be solved quickly.
To gain a better understanding of the problem and its potential solution, the following points will be discussed.
- What creates Adhesion?
- What prevents Adhesion?
- Assessing the Problem
- Solving the Problem
• Computer Modeling & Simulation
• Zinc Alloy Application & Development
• Process Engineering
• New Magnesium Applications & Alloy Development
• Process Control And Continuous Improvement (Quality Systems, Advancements In Automation, Metal Processing)
• Aluminum Alloy Development
• Machine & Equipment Technology
• Die Materials
• Environmental & Safety Issues (Air Emissions Systems, Plant Air Cleaning Filtration, Safety Improvements)
• Die Coatings & Surface Treatments
• Advanced Technologies (Including Squeeze Casting & Semi-Solid Casting)
The deadline to submit abstracts is April 3, 2017. Visit the NADCA Paper System to submit your paper offer today.
Authors intending to submit a paper for presentation at the Die Casting Congress & Tabletop for NADCA Transactions should follow the Technical Paper Guidelines. Abstracts, papers and presentations must be submitted by the posted deadlines or have an approved extension. To request an extension send an e-mail to email@example.com.
All papers are to be technical in nature. Commercialism is cause for rejection.