(Thanks to Mordor Intelligence for this week's news item. We've included their description of the paper here. You can learn more and download a sample here. Hill and Griffith's die casting release agents are proud to be a part of this growing industry.)
Global Die Casting Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2015-2020)
The global die casting market was valued at USD 55.47 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 76.345 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 6.60% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
Rules levied by OSHA and initiatives by NADCA to improve the technical workforce in the die-casting industry are expected to improve the overall production of the die-casting market. NADCA is working with several community colleges in the United States to create a die-casting farm system. This initiative was undertaken mainly due to the increased automation and a demand for higher skills from the workforce. The end market for die-casting is quite prolific and saw an increase of 17.1 million units in 2015 from 16.3 million units in 2013. The market for magnesium die-casting is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of 10.0% over the coming 5 years, while that of zinc is expected to grow at a slower pace.
The automobile industry is highly dependent on the Environmental Protection Agency regulations, owing to the high emissions of the automotive units. The move by the EPA to raise the mile per gallons standards to 35.5 mpg by 2016 and then 54.5 mpg by 2025 has actually helped the die-casting industry, as the auto industry concluded that the only way they can get to those mileage standards is by light-weighting the vehicles. Aluminum, and specifically aluminum die-castings in many of the power train and engine areas is the one important way in which they could achieve this. This is one of the major reasons for the predicted growth of the industry in the area of structural die-castings as well.
The global die-casting market is segmented on the basis of production process type, application type, raw material type and geography.
- On the basis of production process type, the market has been segmented into pressure die-casting, vacuum die-casting, squeeze die-casting, semi-solid die-casting and others.
- On the basis of application type, the market has been segmented into automotive, electrical & electronics, industrial machinery and others.
- On the basis of raw material type, the market has been segmented into aluminum, magnesium, zinc and others.
- On the basis of geography, the market has been segmented into North America (U.S., Canada, others), Europe (U.K., France, Germany, Russia, Italy, others), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, others), Latin America (Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, others), and Middle East & Africa (South Africa, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, others).
Increased automation in the die-casting industry has spiked productivity and in turn, is attracting the attention of the automotive and other industrial manufacturers towards highly durable die-casting parts. Employment of die-castings in the industrial machinery and piping is on the rise since the past three years. Employing stronger aluminum components in agriculture and medical devices has also witnessed an increase. Furthermore, employment of die-casting parts in the aerospace and defense sector is also witnessing a steady growth. The market for die-castings in industrial applications is expected to grow at a faster CAGR of 7.83% during the forecast period. Additionally, the die-casting market in the electrical and electronic applications is expected to witness a steady growth. This segment accounted for 11% of the global die-casting market share as of 2015. Pressure die-casting is the most preferred production process, while the vacuum die-casting, owing to its lower porosity, is expected to grow at a higher CAGR of 7.56% over the next five years.
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for die-casting and globally accounted for over 50% share in 2015. The huge market in this region was mainly due to large-scale domestic production, government initiative and availability of resources. Additionally, various industrial and automotive sectors are now focusing on collaborating with the die-casting manufacturers to produce lightweight and tensile components for their machinery and produce.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Endurance Group
- Pace Industries
- Ryobi Die-Casting Inc.
- Zen S.A.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Die-Casting Market, with region specific assessment and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and rising prospective opportunities, along with the identification of key companies that can influence this market.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global die-casting market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
Hill and Griffith Customer Service
We're known for our hands on approach. Let us visit your plant and recommend die casting release agents, die casting lubricants, plunger lubricants and permanent mold lubricants that suit your needs. Products that represent the latest in technology and ongoing research that enhance competitiveness and increase productivity.
We are pleased to provide samples in quantities large enough to allow you to "try before you buy." Die Casting and Squeeze Lubricants- Diluco®, Permanent Mold Coatings- Concote™, Plunger Lube™- Graphite and non-graphite oils and pastes with excellent anti-wear properties, Casting Operations Products: Start-up lubes, Ladle coatings, Anti-soldering pastes, Water glycol, Trim press lubricants, Surface protection for casting storage, Corrosion protection for die storage, Cleaners for machines and dies, Corrosion protection for machines, Heat treatment quenchants, and Heat-transfer fluids. Also, Industrial Lubricants Griflube®, Hydraulic fluids with fire-resistant and anti-wear properties, Bio-Syn natural ester-based hydraulic fluid, Way oil knuckle lubes and Metalworking Fluids- Grifcut™. Contact Us »
Technical Services & Support
On-site process surveys, Casting defect investigations, Product testing, Tooling start-ups and Statistical process controls and much more. Also, lab facilities are available to provide testing upon request. Contact Us »