Excerpt from the Spotlight Metal December 2019 article by Nicole Kareta.
The use of die casting release agents represents an essential process step in the production of cast parts, as the so-called mold release agent prevents components from sticking to the mold or the metal from being soldered to the mold. What else is worth knowing about die casting release agents?
As a rule, release agents are sprayed onto the wall of the die casting mold. This separates the metal from the mold and also simplifies the de-molding of the casting. In addition, die casting release agents offer numerous other functions and advantages which have a positive influence on the entire production process:
- Improved flow of molten metal
- Easy removal thanks to homogeneous coating
- Good lubrication of moving parts
- Improvement of economic efficiency due to lower material requirements
- Shortened cycle time due to cooling properties
- Continuously high product quality
- Reduced scrap rates
- Increased mold life