Hill and Griffith offers many types of Mudding and Daubing Compounds which can be easily worked into core joints and smoothed without special tools or techniques, reducing excess grinding and cleaning of finished castings.
Mudding and Daubing Compounds
- Smoothes roughened core surfaces
- Prevents fins
- Covers vent marks on cores
- Smoothes up soft rammed or burned spots on cores
Pyroseal Classic is a universal mudding compound that contains no graphite.
Ebony Classic, Slick Seal P-20-G are fortified with refractory graphite for large section casting work
- Flows smoothly under light pressure
- Contains minimum gas content, protects against core blows
- Does not shrink or crack at room temperature
- Eliminates surface defects requiring added cleaning
- Low gas content minimizes turbulence of molten metal
- Plastic liner assures material is always fresh and ready to use
- Easy clean-up
H. F. Mud Compound P-20-A is formulated with red iron oxide to enhance its ceramic characteristics and is popular in non-ferrous foundries.
- Thin applications of Hill and Griffith MUDDING COMPOUNDS will air dry rapidly. Heavier applications should be redried in the core oven to remove contained water.
- For best results, MUDDING COMPOUNDS should not be used to repair damaged cores where a coating greater than 1/8" is required.
- For heavy section castings where metal penetration is expected, the Pyroseal Mudding Compound may be thinned with water and used as a base coat before the application of a standard Core Wash.
- Hill and Griffith MUDDING COMPOUNDS may be used to salvage over baked or burned cores. A thin coating of mudding compound will prevent premature collapse and reduce metal penetration.
Hill and Griffith Customer Service
The Hill and Griffith Company's green sand metalcasting foundry supplies help achieve the EPA's M.A.C.T. standards and reduce Benzene emissions. Our variety of environmentally sound release agents, coatings, partings, lubricants, core oils and specialty products will help you meet your metal casting's needs. We're known for our hands on approach. Let us visit your plant and recommend products that suit your needs.
We are pleased to provide samples in quantities large enough to allow you to "try before you buy."
Contact Us »
Technical Services & Support
On-site casting defect investigations, product testing, machine start-ups and much more. Also, lab facilities are available to provide testing upon request.
Contact Us »