Core and Mold Coating for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
Hill and Griffith EZ KOTE™ G PLASTIC PM Core and Mold Coating is a water based refractory coating formulated for ferrous and non-ferrous castings. The formulation permits the product to be used on small intricate cores up to heavy cores and molds. The Premixed version (PM) typically has a baume of 39.5.
ADVANTAGES OF USING EZ KOTE™ G PLASTIC PM:
- Excellent flow properties which will eliminate brush marks.
- Remains black to gray after drying.
- Provides refractoriness up to 3000oF.
- Protection at sand-metal interface provides a smooth casting finish.
- Smooth, black to gray slurry is easily mixed with water to working Baumeo.
- Prevents burn on, burn in, metal penetration problems.
- Anti-sag properties resist tearing on vertical sidewalls.
- Excellent wetting power provides deep penetration into and behind sand surface. Core and mold surfaces should be free of oily deposits.
- Low coefficient of expansion resists thermal shock.
- Provides excellent sand peel and smooth casting finish under the most severe conditions.
- Can be air dried, oven dried, or soft flame torch dried.
- No shrinkage after drying.
- Excellent shelf life, does not deteriorate during storage.
- EZ KOTE™ G PLASTIC PM application reduces cleaning room expenses.
- Excellent freeze/thaw stability.
- Quick clean up with soap and water.
- For use with all core practices-no bakes, shell; hot box, cold box, oil and sodium silicate.
- Provides excellent coverage for green and dry sand molds.
The product is manufactured in a ready-to-use slurry for most foundries at a 39.5 baume. However, the product can be easily mixed to a thinner consistency by adding enough trim water to reach the desired baumeo for an individual foundry. Minimal foam will result when the product is mixed in accordance with instructions. Use mechanical agitation for easy mixing. To assure quality performances use a vortexless mixerblade. Recommend frequent scheduled emptying of mixing vessels or storage tanks, followed by clean down, clear water rinsing to prevent contamination.
DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ALCOHOL FOR WATER.
Recommend Airless Sprayers use 0.43 orifice.