205 VOC CONCRETE FORM RELEASE AGENT
is a high-performance release agent formulated to meet and exceed the strictest environmental standards. It works well on all types of forms - steel, aluminum, plywood, epoxy, coated foam, and urethane. It has been tested and is very compatible on polyurethane form liners. It can also be used in pipe production operations on rings and headers. This product contains no VOCs. It is worker friendly, is non-combustible, has little or no odor, and is non hazardous.
Cast-O-Magic® Release Agent 205 VOC Specifications
Physical Properties are:
- Specific Gravity……………...0.820
- Flash Point…………… 262°F
- Boiling Point………….. Over 475°F
- Freeze Temperature………….-18°F
- Freeze Damage………………None
- Wt./Gal………………….... 7.06 lbs
- Viscosity(Centistokes).. 3.5@40°C
- Color………………… Water White
- Opacity…………………… Clear
- Solubility in Water……. Insoluble
- VOC Content…… 0 Grams/Liter
Form surfaces should be free of existing oil, rust, and concrete buildup prior to application. It can be applied minutes or days before casting.
- Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC should be applied in a thin film for a maximum performance and economy by spray, mop, roller, or brush.
- It should be applied before reinforcing steel is in place.
- Care should be taken to avoid over application.
- Excess material in the form of puddles should be wiped up.
- Over application can cause concrete build-up, soft spots, excessive surface voids and discoloration of concrete.
- Application at subfreezing temperatures promotes thicker film thicknesses which cause more surface voids, Dilution with solvents is not recommended. It is to be used as is.
- Dilution with solvents is not recommended. It is to be used as-is.
- Dilution can cause concrete build-up and difficulty in stripping.
- Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC will keep indefinitely in sealed containers.
- Do not store near heat sources.
- Cover, or store drums on side to prevent water contamination.
- On smooth, non-porous form surfaces such as steel, aluminum, plastic and high density plywood – 1500 sq. Ft./Gal.
- On semi-porous form surfaces such as medium density plywood and paper column forms – 1000 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- On very porous form surfaces such as low density plywood and concrete – 500 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- Coverages may vary due to person applying material and condition of forms.
This product is for industial use only. Do not take internally. Do not use near fire or open flame.
Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC is a concrete release agent designed to permit easy removal of forms from hardened concrete. It also works well to prevent sticking of concrete on pallets, mixers, and other equipment.
- Assures positive form release.
- Minimizes surface voids.
- Eliminates damaging and expensive form cleaning.
- Will not stain or discolor white or colored concrete.
- Contains no VOCs.
- Is environmentally safe.
- Low storm water run-off implications.
- Safe to use.
- Works on steel, aluminum, wood, and fiberglass forms.
- Works well in pipe production on header rings and pallets.
AVAILABILITY AND COST
Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC is available in 55, 5, and 1 gallon containers. It is also available in disposable or recyclable 275 gallon Magic-Pak.
Material costs can be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Technical Services can also be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC should not be used on latex rubber molds.
Cast-O-Magic® 205 VOC is a mineral oil blend of releasing components and is VOC free.
It contains no carcinogens.
It is non-combustible and is environmentally safe.
It contains no water.