229 VOC CONCRETE FORM RELEASE AGENT
is formulated to meet the strictest environmental standards. It is a vegetable oil blend and contains low VOC’s. Its biodegradability allows for little or no storm water run-off implications. It excels on many types of form liners and sprays easily in a thin film. It works well in pipe production operations on header rings and pallets. Using it at low temperatures causes a thicker film which may promote surface voids. It is a worker-friendly, non-hazardous, non-combustible product.
Cast-O-Magic® Release Agent 229 VOC Specifications
Physical Properties are:
- Specific Gravity……………...0.882
- Flash Point……………Over 350°F
- Boiling Point…………..Over 475°F
- Freeze Temperature………….-15°F
- Freeze Damage………………None
- Wt./Gal…………………....8.00 lbs
- Viscosity(Centistokes).. 8@ 72°C
- Color……………………… Yellow
- Opacity…………………… Clear
- Solubility in Water……. Insoluble
- VOC Content…… 15 Grams/Liter
Form surfaces should be free of existing oil, rust, and concrete buildup prior to application. It can be applied minutes or days before casting.
- Cast-O-Magic® 229 VOC should be applied in a thin film for a maximum performance and economy by spray, mop, roller, or brush.
- It should be applied before reinforcing steel is in place.
- Care should be taken to avoid over application.
- Excess material in the form of puddles should be wiped up.
- Over application can cause concrete build-up, soft spots, excessive surface voids and discoloration of concrete.
- Application at subfreezing temperatures promotes thicker film thicknesses which cause more surface voids, Dilution with solvents is not recommended. It is to be used as is.
- Dilution with solvents is not recommended. It is to be used as-is.
- Dilution can cause concrete build-up and difficulty in stripping.
- Cast-O-Magic 229 VOC will keep a minimum of nine (9) months in sealed containers.
- Do not store near heat sources.
- Cover, or store drums on side to prevent water contamination.
- On smooth, non-porous form surfaces such as steel, aluminum, plastic and high density plywood – 1500 sq. Ft./Gal.
- On semi-porous form surfaces such as medium density plywood and paper column forms – 1000 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- On very porous form surfaces such as low density plywood and concrete – 500 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- Coverages may vary due to person applying material and condition of forms.
This product is very biodegradable. Spontaneous heat can occur if oil-soaked rags or other absorbant materials are allowed to accumulate in the presence of heat and/or oxygen. Oxidation and combustion can occur. Dispose of oil-soaked rags or other absorbant materials in closed metal containers with water present. This product is for industial use only. Do not take internally. Do not use near fire or open flame.
Cast-O-Magic® 229 VOC is a concrete release agent designed to permit easy removal of forms from hardened concrete. It also works well to prevent sticking of concrete on pallets, mixers, and other equipment.
- Assures positive form release.
- Minimizes surface voids.
- Eliminates damaging and expensive form cleaning.
- Will not stain or discolor white or colored concrete.
- Contains low VOCs.
- Is Biodegradable.
- Low storm water implications.
- Safe to use.
- Works on steel, aluminum, wood, and fiberglass forms.
- Works well in pipe production on header rings and pallets.
AVAILABILITY AND COST
Cast-O-Magic® 229 VOC is available in 55, 5, and 1 gallon containers. It is also available in disposable or recyclable 275 gallon Magic-Pak.
Material costs can be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Technical Services can also be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Cast-O-Magic® 229 VOC should not be used on latex rubber molds.
Cast-O-Magic® 229 VOC is a plant oil blend of releasing components and contains low VOCs.
It meets EPA and California VOC regulations.
It contains no solvents and no carcinogens.
It is non-combustible and very safe to use.