320 CONCRETE FORM RELEASE AGENT
is formulated to produce superior concrete surfaces. It applies in a very thin film, and helps eliminate surface voids. It minimizes form cleaning, is non-staining, and will not transfer to concrete surfaces. This mineral oil based release agent excels in architectural wall panels, T and I beams and general precasting where appearance is important, and minimum form clean-up is desired. It has little or no odor and is non-irritating.
Cast-O-Magic® Release Agent 320 VOC Specifications
Physical Properties are:
- Specific Gravity……………...0.875
- Flash Point…………………..153°F
- Boiling Point………….. over 240°F
- Freeze Temperature………….-15°F
- Freeze Damage………………None
- Wt./Gal………………….... 7.20 lbs
- Viscosity(Centistokes)..3.34@ 40°C
- Solubility in Water……...Insoluble
- VOC Content……440 Grams/Liter (3.67 lbs./Gal.)
Form surfaces should be free of existing oil, rust, and concrete buildup prior to application. Release agent can be applied minutes or hours before casting.
- Cast-O-Magic® 320 concrete form release agent should be applied in a thin film for a maximum performance and economy by spray, mop, roller, or brush.
- It should be applied before reinforcing steel is in place.
- Care should be taken to avoid over application.
- Excess material in the form of puddles should be wiped up.
- Over application can cause concrete build-up, soft spots, excessive surface voids and discoloration of concrete.
- Overspray on adjacent surfaces can be removed with cleaning solvents.
- Dilution with Kerosene, Diesel fuel, or mineral spirits is not recommended.
- Dilution can cause concrete buildup and difficulty in stripping.
- Dilution may also violate EPA VOC regulations.
- Cast-O-Magic® 320 release agent will keep indefinitely in sealed containers.
- Do not store near heat sources.
- Cover, or store drums on side to prevent water contamination.
- To be used as is. Dilution can cause concrete build-up and difficulty in stripping
- On smooth, non-porous form surfaces such as steel, aluminum, plastic and high density plywood – 1800-2000 sq. Ft./Gal.
- On semi-porous form surfaces such as medium density plywood and paper column forms – 1500-2000 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- On very porous form surfaces such as low density plywood and concrete – 700-1500 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- Coverages may vary due to person applying material and condition of forms.
Keep out reach of children. Do not take internally. Do not use near fire or open flame. Use with adequate ventilation and avoid prolonged contact with skin.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 is a concrete release agent designed for use on many types of forms. It works well on metal, wood, ABS plastic, and fiberglass forms. It also works well to prevent sticking of concrete on pallets, mixers and other equipment.
- Assures positive form release.
- Minimizes surface voids.
- Eliminates damaging and expensive form cleaning.
- Will not stain or discolor white or colored concrete.
- Will not impair bonding of surface coatings such as paint, plasters, mortars, etc.
- Can be applied by any method.
- Can be applied at any temperature.
- Prevents rust on metal forms and waterproofs wooden forms.
- Complies with EPA VOC Regulations.
AVAILABILITY AND COST
Cast-O-Magic® 320 is available in 55, 5, and 1 gallon containers. It is also available in disposable or recyclable 275 gallon Magic-Pak.
Material costs can be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Technical Services can also be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 should not be used on latex rubber molds.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 is a solution for releasing components dissolved in mineral oil carrier.
It contains no chlorinated solvents and no carcinogens. It is non-flammable and non-irritating.