320 VOC CONCRETE FORM RELEASE AGENT
is formulated to meet EPA California, Northeast States OTC and Great Lakes VOC regulations. This mineral oil-based product has many of the same attributes of the popular 320. It can be used on most types of forms and is not damaged by freezing temperatures. Using it at low temperatures may cause a thicker film which may promote more surface voids. It has little or no odor and is non-irritating. Apply minutes or days before placing concrete.
Cast-O-Magic® Release Agent 320 VOC Specifications
Physical Properties are:
- Specific Gravity……………...0.888
- Flash Point…………………..165°F
- Boiling Point…………..over 240°F
- Freeze Temperature………….-15°F
- Freeze Damage………………None
- Wt./Gal…………………....6.89 lbs
- Viscosity(Centistokes)..5.06@ 40°C
- Solubility in Water……...Insoluble
- VOC Content……246 Grams/Liter (2.05 lbs./Gal.)
Form surfaces should be free of existing oil, rust, and concrete buildup prior to application. It can be applied minutes or days before casting.
- Cast-O-Magic® 320 VOC should be applied in a thin film for a maximum performance and economy by spray, mop, roller, or brush.
- It should be applied before reinforcing steel is in place.
- Care should be taken to avoid over application.
- Excess material in the form of puddles should be wiped up.
- Over application can cause concrete build-up, soft spots, excessive surface voids and discoloration of concrete.
- Application at subfreezing temperatures promote thicker film thicknesses which cause more surface voids, Dilution with solvents is not recommended. It is to be used as is.
- Dilution can cause concrete build-up and difficulty in stripping. This may also violate EPA and California VOC Regulations.
- Cast-O-Magic 320 VOC will keep indefinitely in sealed containers.
- Do not store near heat sources.
- Cover, or store drums on side to prevent water contamination.
- To be used as is. Dilution can cause concrete build-up and difficulty in stripping
- On smooth, non-porous form surfaces such as steel, aluminum, plastic and high density plywood – 1500 sq. Ft./Gal.
- On semi-porous form surfaces such as medium density plywood and paper column forms – 1000 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- On very porous form surfaces such as low density plywood and concrete – 500 Sq. Ft./Gal.
- Coverages may vary due to person applying material and condition of forms.
Keep out reach of children. Do not take internally. Do not use near fire or open flame. Use with adequate ventilation and avoid prolonged contact with skin.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 VOC is a concrete release agent designed to permit easy removal of forms from hardened concrete. It also works well to prevent sticking of concrete on pallets, mixers, and other equipment.
- Assures positive form release.
- Minimizes surface voids.
- Eliminates damaging and expensive form cleaning.
- Will not stain or discolor white or colored concrete.
- Will not impair bonding of surface coatings such as paint, plasters, mortars, etc.
- Can be applied at any temperature.
- Meets VOC regulations.
- Is easy to use-low odor, nonirritating.
- Protects forms.
- Works on steel, aluminum, wood, fiberglass, and plastic forms.
AVAILABILITY AND COST
Cast-O-Magic® 320 VOC is available in 55, 5, and 1 gallon containers. It is also available in disposable or recyclable 275 gallon Magic-Pak.
Material costs can be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Technical Services can also be obtained by contacting The Hill and Griffith Company through our contact form.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 VOC should not be used on latex rubber molds.
Cast-O-Magic® 320 VOC is a solution of releasing components dissolved in mineral oil.
It meets EPA and California VOC regulations. It contains no chlorinates solvents and no carcinogens. It is
non-flammable and non-irritating.