Alcohol Based Graphite Core and Mold Coating for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
The Hill and Griffith EZ KOTE™ R134 core and mold coating is an alcohol based refractory coating formulated for ferrous and non-ferrous castings.
ADVANTAGES OF USING EZ KOTE™ R134:
- Excellent flow properties which will eliminate brush marks.
- Remains black to gray after drying.
- Provides refractoriness up to 3000oF.
- Protection at sand-metal interface provides a smooth casting finish.
- Smooth, black to gray slurry is easily mixed with isopropyl alcohol to the desired Baumeo.
- Prevents burn on, burn in, metal penetration problems.
- Excellent wetting power provides deep penetration into and behind sand surface.
- Low coefficient of expansion resists thermal shock.
- Provides excellent sand peel and smooth casting finish under the most severe conditions.
- No shrinkage after drying.
- Excellent shelf life; does not deteriorate during storage.
- For use with all core practices-no bakes, shell; hot box, cold box, oil and sodium silicate.
EZ Kote R134 is manufactured to an 80 baume and can be diluted with isopropyl alcohol between 5 to10 parts solvent to EZ Kote R134.
Please review the MSDS for specific information concerning the product.