Foundry Core Binder for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
Hill and Griffith offers GOULAC*, a dark colored water soluble, material developed from the wood pulping process and used primarily as a foundry core binder.
- Works effectively as a dry strength binder
- Compatible with oils, cereals and all sands
- Reduces baking time
- Multi-purpose binder, reduces required inventory
- Reduces smoke in the oven
- Prevents buckles and scabs
- Dissolves rapidly in warm water
- Cleans easily from all surfaces
GOULAC* is recommended for -
- Skin dry work
- Facing (both green and dry sands)
- Binder supplement in core mixes
|pH, 3% Solution||7.6|
|Bulk Density||36 lbs. /ft 3|
GOULAC* - Core Oil Combinations:
To reduce required oil additions and minimize baking time, substitute 25 to 33% GOULAC* for present core oil additions. Cores made with 75% core oil and 25% GOULAC* dry in about 1/2 the time of standard core oil mixes. Savings are realized through reduced core oil additions and lower fuel costs from reduced baking time.
GOULAC* - Cereal Combinations: GOULAC*
when combined with any cereal can be used to replace core oil and reduce binder cost. Baking time is reduced and green and dry strengths are improved.
GOULAC* - Pitch Combinations: GOULAC*
may be used as a partial replacement to reduce the use of pitch compound up to one-half. Use GOULAC* as follows:
- Add GOULAC* on an equal weight basis.
- Mixture reduces core box cleaning time and minimized labor costs.
GOULAC* will pick up moisture from atmosphere. Keep open bags in Covered Containers.
*Tradename of LiqnoTech U.S.A.