Graphite Core and Mold Coatings for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
Hill and Griffith EZ KOTE™ core and mold coatings are water based refractory coating formulated for ferrous and non-ferrous castings. The formulation permits the product to be used on small intricate cores up to heavy cores and molds.
ADVANTAGES OF USING EZ KOTE™ 65 Graphite:
- Excellent flow properties which will eliminate brush marks.
- Remains black to gray after drying.
- Provides refractoriness up to 3000oF.
- Protection at sand-metal interface provides a smooth casting finish.
- Smooth, black to gray slurry is easily mixed with water to working Baumeo.
- Prevents burn on, burn in, metal penetration problems.
- Anti-sag properties resist tearing on vertical sidewalls.
- Excellent wetting power provides deep penetration into and behind sand surface. Core and mold surfaces should be free of oily deposits.
- Low coefficient of expansion resists thermal shock.
- Provides excellent sand peel and smooth casting finish under the most severe conditions.
- Can be air dried, oven dried, or soft flame torch dried.
- No shrinkage after drying.
- Excellent shelf life, does not deteriorate during storage.
- EZ KOTE™ 65 Graphite application reduces cleaning room expenses.
- Excellent freeze/thaw stability.
- Quick clean up with soap and water.
- For use with all core practices-no bakes, shell; hot box, cold box, oil and sodium silicate.
- Provides excellent coverage for green and dry sand molds.
The product is manufactured as an easy to mix slurry. Add trim water to reach the desired baumeo. Minimal foam will result when the product is mixed in accordance with instructions. Use mechanical agitation for easy mixing. To assure quality performances use a vortexless mixerblade. Recommend frequent scheduled emptying of mixing vessels or storage tanks, followed by clean down, clear water rinsing to prevent contamination.
DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ALCOHOL FOR WATER.
Airless sprayers use 0.43 orifice, thin mix for fine sand or light coat. Mix two (2) gallons of EZ KOTE™ 65 Graphite and one (1) gallon of water (45 to 55 Baumeo).
Standard Mix is five (5) gallons of EZ KOTE™ 65 Graphite and one (1) gallon of water (45 to 55 Baumeo).
Heavy Mix for very coarse sand or heavy coat, mix six (6) gallons of EZ-KOTE™ 65 Graphite and one (1) gallon of water (55 to 65 Baumeo).