for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
Hill and Griffith manufactures IMPERIAL BLACKING to meet specific needs of foundry applications. IMPERIAL BLACKING is composed of the highest quality carbons with additions of binders for optimum adherence to cores and molds. Hill and Griffith IMPERIAL BLACKING produces a smooth, hard refractory surface. This blacking may be used with gray, ductile, or malleable irons and copper base alloys.
Imperial Blacking is a Plumbago base blacking especially well suited for heavy metal section castings or where extreme temperatures are encountered.
- Prevents burn on - decreases cleaning costs - improves casting surface finish
- Provides excellent coverage on molds and cores
- Prevents metal penetration
- Provides excellent sand peel from casting
- Reduces burn on
- Promotes smooth casting surface
- Spraying - Use pressurized vessel spray systems or siphon type sprayers (1/4" Murphy Gun equipped with Air Pressure reducing valve is recommended).
A power type propeller mixer or tank type agitator is recommended to insure proper mixing and achieve maximum efficiency of the BLACKING properties. Add the dry BLACKING to the water while agitating with mixer until desired degree of Baumeo is obtained. Always use clean containers to prevent contamination.