Protective Tool Coating for Green Sand Metalcasting Foundry
Specially prepared coating combining highly refractory materials with special liquid binders.
With proper application, they provide and excellent protective coating for ladles troughs, plunger cups, thermocouple tubes, and other furnace tools. It has worked extremely well on immersible metal pumps for aluminum. Also used with cast iron permanent molds and pig molds.
- Premixed, ready to use as supplied at approx. 55º Baume.
- Increases life of equipment.
- Not wetted by metal.
- Adheres well to item coated.
- Retards ion pickup.
- Clean tool or ladle to be coated of adhering metal flash and loose coating.
- Heat tool to 200º F.
- Apply TOOL-KOTE by dipping, spraying, brushing, or swabbing. If thinner coats are desired, thin to workable consistency with water.
- Allow tool to dry thoroughly.
CAUTION: Preheat tools and ladles before use to prevent metal splashing.